Badkhal Lake is situated in Faridabad district of Haryana, about 35 km from New Delhi. Spread across 206 acres, the lake is fringed by low-lying Aravalli hills. It derives its name from the Persian word ‘bedakhal’, which means free from interference.
- The lake is a popular picnic spot. It is surrounded by lush green gardens, dotted with flowers. The activities on offer for tourists include fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking and ride on a luxury yacht.
- The lake is also an attraction for bird watchers and ornithologists. It turns into a breeding ground for migratory birds during the winters.
- The lake is surrounded by cottages, motels, massage centres and restaurants. The motels provide overnight stay facilities for tourists.
- Another draw near the lake is the deluxe bath complex that has a swimming pool and a sauna bath.
- The flower show held every year in spring is a major attraction.