Attraction Type : Tombs & Baolis
The Taj Mahal "Crown of the Palace" is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the Indian city of Agra. It was commissioned in 1632 by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan, to house the tomb of his favourite wife, Mumtaz Mahal. The tomb is the centrepiece of a 17-hectare (42-acre) complex, which includes a mosque and a guest house, and is set in formal gardens bounded on three sides by a crenellated wall.
The Taj Mahal was designated as a "UNESCO World Heritage Site" in 1983 for being "the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage". It is regarded by many as the best example of Mughal architecture and a symbol of India's rich history. The Taj Mahal attracts 7–8 million visitors a year. In 2007, it was declared a winner of the New7Wonders of the World (2000–2007) initiative.
Entry Fee For Taj Mahal
||Amount (Rs.) (Inclusive of ASI & ADA fees )
|Citizens of SAARC and BIMSTEC Countries
- Tourists buying tickets online will get discount of Rs.5/- for per Indian ticket & Rs. 50/- for per Foreigner ticket.
- No Entry fee for children below the age of 15 years. (both Domestic and Foreigner)
- Taj Mahal is closed on every Friday.
- Ticket windows for Taj Mahal open one hour before Sunrise & close 45 minutes before Sunset. Tickets can also be bought online through www. asiagracircle . in & www.tajmahal.gov.in
- Drone camera is strictly prohibited inside the Taj Mahal.
- Tourists are advised to stay inside the monument as per the directions mentioned on tickets or issued by ASI authorities
- Tourist must carry his/her Identity Proof issued by Govt. Authorities.
- Water bottle is allowed inside the monument. Shoe cover, water bottle, tourist guide map of Agra, battery bus and golf cart services are provided free of cost with the foreigner's entry ticket of the Taj.
- Shoe racks are available just below the main mausoleum free of cost
- For entrance through East gate ticket window and cloak room are available at East gate. For entry through West gate ticket window at West gate and cloak room at shopping complex are available for the visitors.